I’m starting a new feature this week called “The Friday Five.” What is it? You might ask. Simply put, it is a list of 5 sites or articles I found interesting from the past week.
So here we go!
- David at Strobist runs a great blog about off camera flash tips and techniques. This week he posted an article about syncing a Canon G9 at shutter speeds as high as 1/2500th of a second. The reason I liked the article is because the Canon G9 is my “carry around everywhere” camera and it is also the camera I use to film my video posts. Here is the link to the article.
- Chase Jarvis’ recent post about his travels to Dubai caught my eye because of a stunning image of the cities skyline poking out above the clouds. You have to see this.
- Cara Phillips has written a wonderful article about “being a photographer.” Anyone interested in making a career as a photographer, or who already is a “professional” photographer needs to read this.
- Scott Kelby’s post on his blog about the success of his The Digital Photography Book, Volume 1 becoming the best selling digital photography book ever is quite amazing. And that The Digital Photography Book, Volume 2 is out selling volume 1 for the same time period is even more impressive. Good luck with the books Scott.
- Check out Photoshelter’s blog post about the National Magazine Awards. Some great images.